Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 1 Discussion

Hi, if you've landed here, please go to http://www.kelliwood.net/discussions/  I apologize for the change.  I thought that Blogger would work well, but it turns out that Word Press will be much better.

Also, make sure that you refresh your 1301Online (http://kelliwood.net/1301Online.html) page when you go back as that will update all the appropriate discussion links to the link above.

Finally, I've done a final update to the syllabus as of today that also updates these links and clarifies any references to the "class."  Yes, we are just online.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you,

Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I’m Kelli Wood, your teacher for this journey through English 1301. I’m fine with being called Kelli, so do feel free. I finished out my degrees in Las Cruces at New Mexico State University, but on the way there went to EPCC and DACC as well as NMSU.

    Currently I live in Chaparral, NM with my sweetie, two fine dogs, a wonderful kitty and uncountable bunnies that roam the desert around our house. I like to read a lot (that figures). I love TV and movies, and I quilt and bake.

    I listen to all kinds of music, but especially love rock and alternative rock. Lately though I’ve been all over Lady Gaga and Pink. (Yeah, I know.)

    As we go through the semester, make sure to ask me questions when you have them, and if you can, I welcome you to come visit me in my office. Send me an email or give me a call before you trek over to Transmountain though, just in case I have a meeting or appointment that day. I’d hate for you to drive over only to find that someone else had stolen my time.

    I love teaching. You won’t get quite the level of entertainment in the online class that the face-to-face show involves, but I hope that you’ll leave this class more comfortable and sure of your writing and expressing your ideas. You don’t have to leave wanting to major in English, but I do want you to leave with a better feeling about the image you project in your writing.

    Okay, enough about me. I’m anxious to hear from all of you!

    K

    P.S. I usually start the first day of class with a song, so here's one of my favorite class starters: http://youtu.be/dTAAsCNK7RA

    ReplyDelete